If you are looking for a flavorful potato snack that is a great appetizer or side dish, then this is the one to try! Thinly sliced potatoes are combined with thyme, garlic and parmesan and then baked in a muffin tin. If you’re not a fan of the those herbs you can always switch them out with herbs such as rosemary, oregano or basil.
Here’s what you’ll need:
3 tbsp (45g) butter, melted
2 tbsp (25g) Parmesan cheese
1 tsp (3g) garlic powder
1 tsp thyme leaves
salt and freshly ground black pepper
8-10 gold potatoes (1.4 kg) sliced thin (about 1/16 inch -1.6 mm thick)
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190C). Butter 12 muffin cups and set aside.
2. Cut the potatoes into thin slices, preferably using a mandoline.
3. Place potato slices into a large bowl. Add melted butter, parmesan cheese, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
4. Layer the potato slices into stacks and place in the prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper.
5. Bake until the edges and tops are golden brown and the centers are tender. Bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour.
6. Remove from the oven, let them rest for 5 minutes then remove from pan and garnish with parmesan cheese and thyme.
They really look scrumptious! Share this delicious recipe with your friends and family!