Here’s a fun recipe for taking a simple round sheet cake and transforming it into an adorable Easter bunny cake. The following video from Betty Crocker uses ingredients from their company, but you can substitute any vanilla cake and frosting recipe for the ingredients listed below:
– 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix, or similar
– Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
– vanilla frosting
– food coloring of your choice (they used purple and pink in the video)
– Construction paper (inedible)
– 2 small marshmallows, cut in half, flattened
– 2 small jelly beans, cut in half
– 2 (5-inch) strips rainbow-colored sour candy, separated into strips
– 2 large jelly beans or candy-coated chocolate-covered peanut candies
– 2 pieces rectangular-shaped white chewing gum, cut in half
– 2 large marshmallows
Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Make, bake and cool cake. You’ll want enough for two 8-inch or 9-inch round cake pans.
In medium bowl, tint your frosting with the food color. Using 1 cake round, cut in half to form 2 semicircles. Put halves together with 1/4 cup frosting to form body. Place upright on serving plate, cut side down.
Frost cake with frosting. Cut ears from construction paper; wrap ends that will be inserted into cake with plastic food wrap. Insert into cake. Using toothpicks to attach, use 2 small marshmallow halves and 2 small jelly bean halves for eyes.
Use large jelly bean for nose and sour candy strips for whiskers. Place gum halves just below nose for teeth. Use large marshmallow for tail. You can use other candy for decorations if you have other favorites.
Remove ears, plastic wrap and toothpicks before serving. Store loosely covered.
Share this fun cake recipe with your friends and family in time for Easter!