Almost everyone who owns a cell phone purchases a case to go along with their mobile device to protect it. But as one little girl painfully discovered, some cases can actually harm you.
Olivia Retter is a 9-year-old girl living in Hertfordshire, England. She recently fell asleep on top of her cell phone and woke in the middle of the night because her leg was hurting.
Her mother, Karly, explained that Olivia is not supposed to have her cell phone in her bedroom at night, but she sneaked it in and had it in her bed. She fell asleep with it touching her leg. When Karly looked at Olivia’s leg in the morning she was shocked with what she saw. Olivia had a burn in the shape on the phone on her leg!
It turns out it wasn’t the phone’s battery that caused the burn but Olivia’s cell phone case, which contains some kind of liquid and glitter and decorated with unicorns and rainbows. There did not appear to be a crack in the case, but the chemicals leaked out anyway and now Olivia has a scar for life.
Karly Retter posted, “Please share this as much as possible this case is full of acid and if it cracks it will cause 3rd-2nd degree burns this is the damage it has caused my daughter and she will be scarred for life! A lot of girls have these at the moment so just be careful.”
Karly is in horror imagining if it had leaked on her daughter’s face! That’s why she immediately posted a warning to her Facebook page to warn other parents about these types of cases.
Apparently, Karly’s message effectively removed this particular phone case from store shelves. This is important information for parents to know. Please share Karly’s caution with your friends and family!