Four-Year-Old Boy Dies After Eating Common Household Spice

Matthew Radar’s mom, Brianna Radar, has an important message for parents after her little boy died from eating a common household spice.

Matthew liked to climb and the 4-year-old was exploring the kitchen when he found a container of cinnamon powder in the kitchen spice rack. He ate some and started choking and it was like he was having a seizure. He was rushed to hospital and pronounced dead shortly after.

WFSB reports that his was death was ruled accidental and the result of cinnamon asphyxiation, a common problem when the powder is inhaled.

Matthew’s family donated his organs in hopes that other lives could be saved.

In the video, Brianna also mentions something called the “cinnamon challenge”. This is where people videotape themselves attempting to eat a tablespoon of cinnamon without water and share it on the Internet. Brianna wants people to know that they are putting themselves in extreme danger by doing the challenge. She told the news station, “Cinnamon can kill. All these kids, they don’t think about the fact it can hurt them.”

Please help share Brianna’s story to try and raise awareness and prevent another tragic accident from happening.

Disclosure: This post may include affiliate links.