Three police officers posted a selfie that has made the whole police department die with laughter and their police chief blush. That’s because the photo they posted to Facebook has gotten lots of attention…from women begging to be arrested!
The three officers with Florida’s Gainesville Police Department posted the picture in response to the floods of Hurricane Irma, but they weren’t expecting to be flooded with comments that have quickly made them viral.
It all began innocently enough. “Officers Nordman, Hamill and Rengering…part of the night crew getting ready to do some work. #irma” read the caption of the photo:
Then the comments began to flood in.
“Pretty sure with those roaming around, I’d happily commit a felony or four,” one user wrote. “So, looks like my next vacation will be spent in Gainesville rolling through stop signs and driving with a tail light out every evening until I’ve been pulled over by the entire night shift,” another said.
Another woman commented, “…as if Florida wasn’t already wet enough.”
“I never seen breakfast lunch and dinner in the same pic before,” said another.
Others were in disbelief, “I can’t believe how many women are objectifying these poor, fine, young, strong,handsome, brave, sexy, delicious, virile, ovulation-inducing, mouth-watering, beefy….. I can’t remember where I was going with this…”
It didn’t stop there: “This pic is exactly why your grandmother always told you to wear clean underwear in case you’re in an accident.”
Others astutely pointed: “But who will protect these guys from an impending Cougar attack? #thesecomments”
After a slew of hilarious banter, the Gainesville Police Department responded with an update.
1. We are dying with the comments. You’ve actually made our chief blush with some of them.
2. MRS. Nordman and MRS. Hamill have also enjoyed knowing how millions of women are going crazy over their husbands.
3. We can confirm that Officer Rengering (far right with the amazing hair) IS SINGLE.
4. On another note, Officer Rengering is being placed into Cougar Prey Protective Care, similar to the witness protection program for his safety.
5. Please do not call 9-1-1 and request this group respond to your “incident”
6. There WILL be a calendar.
Thank you all for the hilarious comments…they have brightened our time up here. As for the calendar, we are going to try and do something fairly quickly and funds raised will go to Hurricane Irma recovery here in Florida.
The promise of a calendar is probably what most of the commenters wanted to hear (and it’s all for a good cause). Well that, and that Officer Rengering is single!