Grandmas give the greatest gifts, but sometimes it’s hard to know if they’re actually playing a prank on you. Is grandma “pulling the wool over your eyes” with those knitted gifts? Or, is she being totally sincere?
Many times grandma’s gifts so adorably odd that they go straight to your heart and you will never want to part with them. No matter what her intention, it’s the thought that counts. And as you’ll see with these grandma gifts, there’s a lot of love behind every single one of them.
The following families shared their grandma gift “fails” that really aren’t fails at all.
Note: photos may take a few seconds to load but grandma says be patient.
1. “Asked for new hats, Grandma did not disappoint!”
2. “My 84-year-old grandmother apologized for having to wear her nightgown in front of us. I said it was no problem and that it actually looked very comfortable, so she immediately offered one to me. It’s not like I could have rejected this generous gift…”
3. “Grandma sent me this in the mail. Slowest picture message ever.”
4. “My friends Grandma or G-MA got him this present for Christmas.”
5. “My friend just got his Christmas present from his grandmother.”
6. “When Grandma gives you Jeep accessories. Astoria, Oregon.”
7. “My grandma made me a photo album for my graduation gift…”
“Turns out photos added up to $2900”
8. “When grandma knits a shark blanket…”
9. “Birthday present from my grandma. She gets it, man.”
10. “So my name is Brodie Jonas Dean, my grandma found this shirt for me thinking it was a great coincidence. Thanks grandma :/”
11. “Grandma bought me a new coffee mug for work. “You know, because it looks like poop and I know you think that’s funny.”
12. “My grandma rules!”
13. “My grandmother made me this after I showed her a similar picture!”
14. “My 94 year old great grandma made this for me because she said is too cold. It’s 80° outside.”
15. “My grandma bought me a new shirt today. I’m 34.”
16. “My grandma believes this is an “acceptable” blanket for a 24 year old man to sleep under while in town. I’m totally cool with it.”
17. “My 12 year old niece does duct tape crafts. Her grandma bought this for her birthday…”
18. “My bro told my grandma, jokingly, he wanted 100 things from the dollar store for Christmas, grandma doesn’t like being challenged.”
19. “My traditional grandma found out I moved in with my boyfriend… So this was her Christmas gift.”
20. “My grandma got me this shirt, I don’t think she gets it.”
21. “Opened my present from grandma early. i think this present was intended for one of my girl cousins but i’m keepin’ it.”
22. “Grandma’s scrabble quilt.”
23. “I told my grandma I was into gaming. This was my Christmas present. Thanks grandma!”
24. “Every year my grandma gives is money in crazy ways. Money stuck in maze games, tapes between toilet paper sheets on a roll…. This year I present money cake. 100 one dollar bills.” [A gift of money is never a fail in our book. ~eds.]
25. “My grandma said I could have her old TV so I could “finally play some video games.”
Have you ever gotten a gift from your grandma that just made you want to laugh and hug her? Share these funny gifts with your friends and family!